The staff at the Escambia County Industrial Development Authority can provide customized reports, statistics, and other information for site selectors, prospective businesses, and existing businesses looking to relocate or grow within Escambia County, Alabama. For assistance, contact the Escambia County IDA at (251) 368-5404 or 1-800-551-5404.
Economic Development Resources
The following entities can provide additional economic development information for the state of Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Industrial Relations
- PowerSouth Economic Development
- Alabama Power Economic Development
- Coastal Gateway Regional Economic Development Alliance
- Strong work ethic in a right-to-work state.
- Employee training through free state programs and local community college.
- Two power companies prepared to provide electrical service.
- Local telephone services provide digital services with high speed transmission capabilities.
- Fiber optics service with digital switching is available in Atmore and Brewton.
- Commercial air service is available within an hour in Pensacola and Mobile.
- Atmore and Brewton have local general aviation airports with approximately 5,000 foot runways.
- Interstate 65 is 17 miles from Brewton-East Brewton/3 miles from Atmore and 14 miles from Flomaton.
- Rail service to both major ports are provided by CSX and Alabama Gulf Coast Railway main lines.
- Parcel freight provided by UPS and Federal Express.
- Alabama State Docks is 88 miles from Brewton-East Brewton/54 miles from Atmore and 80 miles from Flomaton.
- Enterprise Zone benefits and local zone incentives apply in designated Enterprise Zones.
- Site Preparation Grants.
- Non- educational property and sales and use tax abatement on real and personal property.
- State corporate income tax credits.
- The State of Alabama offers several attractive financing options that can be considered.
- Federal Trade Zone advantages
- Low interest funding through USDA Rural Development and South Alabama Regional Planning Commission.
- Active Area Chambers of Commerce
- Atmore and Brewton Community Hospitals provide 24-hour emergency care.
- Helicopter transport to regional medical facilities.
- Atmore and Brewton YMCA’s provide a variety of programs and facility amenities.
- Jefferson Davis Community College's Atmore/Brewton campuses and Reid State Technical College/Atmore campus provide continuing education.
- Several major colleges are located within an hour's drive.
- Convenient to major cultural activities in Montgomery, Mobile, and Pensacola.
- Numerous recreational activities including: golf courses, Olympic-sized swimming pools, walking paths, tennis courts, parks with playgrounds, movie theaters, bowling alley, arcade, casino, amphitheater, cooking studio and spa.